Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This morning I was woken by a cat nipping my ankle through the sheet and summer blanket! No guesses as to which cat. A far more effective method than even an alarm-clock, let me assure you. Ginger was asleep, purring gently, between our backs at the time. When I awoke, so did she. She sat up, took one look at Bessie by my feet, jumped over Norman and dove under the bed.

As you know, we were away for the weekend, where we stayed at a very nice bed & breakfast inn at New Paltz. One remarkable point of interest was the fact that we were able to eat breakfast both mornings without having to defend our cereal bowls! How about them apples. Needless to say, things are back to where they were since our return home. Bessie is absolutely relentless and I suppose it's our own fault. But she's so cute!!! Daddy has a harder time of it than I do, because she insists on draping herself across the back of his neck and just laying there, virtually unremovable. She's only tried that once or twice with me and it doesn't work, so she has gotten off by herself both times........and both times has left me scratched on her way down.

Whenever I am at the kitchen table these days she comes to nuzzle my face, usually right across the newspaper or book I am trying to read. But it's lovely having her rub her face against mine. And I can hear a very quiet purring as she does it.

No comments: